bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC.
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. Bmg is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
- Ensure all employees and anyone entering the job site follows all appropriate health and safety procedures and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all hired sub-trades have appropriate Health and Safety documentation, such as WSIB clearance certificates, Insurance Liability Certificate and their staff have the required certifications, such as WHMIS, working at heights, etc…
- Develops a trusting relationship with general contractors, builders, sub-contractors, to ensure satisfaction and repeat business. Locates new sources of business and works to encourage referrals to the company.
- Participates in the conceptual development of the construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Schedules projects in logical steps and budgets time required to meet deadlines, ensures it is communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides all required information and documents to the Project Coordinator, such as special products to order, material, travelling requirements, etc..
- Regularly holds information meetings with bmg. crew leader, and general contractors to discuss project and progress of projects. Relates all information to appropriate parties.
- Ensures the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the installers and sub-contractors.
- Main contact for all projects representatives to answer all requests, concerns, questions, and at all times provide exceptional customer service.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the crew and sub-contractors to ensure the proper technique for installation, and equipment is utilized properly and efficiently. When required, assigns job tasks to the crew members.
- Monitors crew members’ performance, providing feedback for improvement, positive reinforcement and takes necessary corrective action when required.
- When required coordinates the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and uses corrective actions to keep the projects on time and on budget.
- Assists in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Monitor job progress and costs, and provides regular progress reporting to the Director of Operations.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in a project management role for the glass curtain industry
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office, most importantly; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of building code and glass installation industry.
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills towards external and internal customer, vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Detail oriented and able to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent customer service attitude and phone etiquette.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and architectural drawings.
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.