bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. bmg. is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
bmg is looking for a detail-oriented person to join our operations and accounting team. The position is to act as a bridge between the project management department and the accounting department. The intention is to develop more robust interaction between the two business units and ensure information flow in both directions generates more accurate job cost reporting, better purchasing dynamics and generally an improved overall financial performance on each project.
- Work with Project Managers to prepare & submit construction progress draws to bmg Accounting on a monthly basis
- Work with Project Management teams to ensure Purchasing is in line with project Estimates and that profit potential on all purchases is maximized
- Reconcile monthly draws (i.e. budget, cost-to-date, holdback); Checking, verifying whether sufficient Project funding are available and that requests are charged to correct budget lines
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial job costing reports; providing timely and accurate analysis of financial results, and operating metrics;
- Working with the accounting team to accurately capture project financial information such as budgets, costs, historical data, cash flow forecasting and analysis;
- Assist in identifying ways to streamline the day-to-day project management, project coordinating, and project administration operations as they relate to the accounting department and make processes more efficient and accurate;
- Ensure integrity of data – proper cost coding, job allocation etc into the bmg Quickbooks system and project management spreadsheets
- Performs clerical duties for management when required.
- Accounting experience in a project-based business preferred. Ideally construction industry.
- Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of basic financial-related reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Quickbooks experience is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- 2-3 years of related experience in a project administration, finance or accounting environment.
- Experience in the construction industry an asset
What we can offer:
- Friendly work environment
- Training and potential for growth
- RRSP plan contribution
- Company events such golf tournament, BBQ’s, Christmas party/ lunch
- Employee referral bonus
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.