bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC.
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. bmg. is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the bmg. Health and Safety policies and procedures, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment on job sites and warehouse.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings in AutoCAD, from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
- Respond quickly to the management team’s issues that may surface during fabrication and installation regarding the fabrication drawings and shop drawings.
- Assist the Drafting and Design Manager with the conceptual development of various construction projects, and help facilitate their organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Draftsperson is responsible for being the main focal point for all drawings they create on behalf of bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM INC. replying to design concerns and queries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with various internal Operations stakeholders such as PMs, and Production Manager for fabricating information, ensuring all deadlines are met and product is to specs.
- Create production drawings for bmg. CNC machine.
- Visit job sites to understand site conditions, scope of work and use total station measuring system to calculate complex measurements.
- Responsible for developing a trusting relationship with general contractors, builders, sub-contractors, to ensure satisfaction and repeat business. Locates new sources of business and works to encourage referrals to the company.
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Experience drafting Curtain Wall, storefront or anything else relevant to the Glass Industry would be considered a significant asset.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent
- Various college-level courses in Architectural in AutoCAD software
- Revit Experience would be considered an asset or knowledge of other 3D modelling programs is an asset
- Knowledge of building code and glass installation industry considered an asset
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills towards external and internal customer, vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Detail oriented and able to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent customer service attitude and phone etiquette.
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.