Accounting (AP) Supervisor
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM INC.
The Accounting Supervisor will be a hands-on individual with primary responsibilities for cash flow reporting and reconciliations, AP management and control, all financial statutory filings and reporting requirements, including HST & CBSA, GL account analysis and reconciliations, and assist the Financial Controller with month-end requirements. The incumbent will be highly organized and will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. She/He must pay meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
Reports to Financial Controller
- Responsible for activities and operations in the accounts payable function for the organization.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports.
- Reconcile Bank accounts and prepare daily cash position report.
- Process AP wire payments through on-line banking for approval by Financial Controller
- Ensure HST & CBSA government financial filings are completed accurately and filed on a timely basis
- Ensure all postings of AP and cash activity are completed within three days after month-end.
- Complete all assigned account analysis and prepare / post all month-end journal entries by the fourth working day.
- Complete all assigned month-end reconciliations by the fifth working day and file electronically and in month-end binder.
- Provide assistance to Financial Controller for the completion of analytical projects and requests.
- Ensure adherence to all procedures and policies.
- Review processed invoices for accuracy and correct coding.
- Keep knowledgeable of federal, provincial and municipal developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization.
- Participate in required meetings; providing data, input and recommendations.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with bmg/bgo and affiliated policies and procedures.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent
- Various college-level courses in bookkeeping and accounting
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience working in accounting required.
- A professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) or working towards would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge and skills of MS Office software
- Experience with fully integrated computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting standards, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify root causes and resolution of issues.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of the company.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.