Showers and Railings Assistant
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC.
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, specialty and custom projects. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. bmg is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and bmg. Health and Safety policies and procedures, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when required.
- Ensure all co-workers and anyone entering the job site follow all appropriate health and safety procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Showers Assistant collects and packages material as required, material primarily pertains to aluminum and glass.
- Assists Showers Installers with preparation for railing and showers assembly and installation. Must have the ability to lift and handle glass while taking directives from Showers Installers.
- Loads and unloads materials from trucks as requested.
- Operate basic hand tools such as drills, saws, hammer, level, etc
- Responsible for keeping work area, and customers’ homes clean and neat. Sweeps and cleans area before leaving customer property.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned by showers lead.
- Provides manual labour assistance on various tasks and assignments, including carrying and holding glass for showers installers.
- Must practice good grooming as the Showers Assistant is often performing work in customers homes
- Experience caulking would be considered a significant asset
- Ability to measure in imperial and metric would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Excellent communication skills towards external and internal customer, vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Showers and railings installation experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to reads and interpret blueprints and specifications would be considered an asset
- Ability to install, fit, fabricate on job sites, when required, would be considered an asset
- Working at Heights protection
- Elevated Platform
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.