bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC.
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. bmg. is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, with multiple line items
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Sort, code and match invoices. Inputs all invoices into QuickBooks in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM procedures.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Post adjusting, correcting and accrual transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reviews employee expense reports and mileage reports for accuracy and approval, track expenses and process expense reports
- Verify that expense transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Process and administers weekly payable reports from QuickBooks to company controller.
- Correspond with and respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies. Track credits
- Assist in month end closing and reporting to Controller
- Prepares various financial reports in QuickBooks as requested by company controller.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform related clerical duties, such as data input, correspondence maintaining filing, faxing and photocopying for all Barrie Metro Glass and associated companies accounts.
- Provides back up to the Office Administrator and answers phone when necessary.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy of financial records.
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems.
- Previous Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Various college-level courses in bookkeeping and accounting
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles preferred
- Good working knowledge of the QuickBooks system.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office system, most importantly; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Well organized and a self-starter, must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in MS office including excel, word, and outlook
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, for continuous interaction with employees and vendors in a professional manner
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.