bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC.
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs. bmg.’s workforce of approximately 75 dedicated employees works within an environment that promotes corporate values of respect, teamwork, performance, accountability and initiative. bmg. is looking for ambitious, talented and motivated individuals to join its team.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and bmg. Health and Safety policies and procedures, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when required.
- Ensure all co-workers and anyone entering the job site follow all appropriate health and safety procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Shop assistant collects and packages material as required, material primarily pertains to aluminum and glass.
- Assists fabricators with preparation for aluminum assembly, i.e. rubbering, notching etc.
- Loads and unloads materials from trucks as requested.
- Operate basic hand tools such as drills, saws, hammer, level, etc.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and neat. Sweeps and cleans area at the end of every day.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Performs general maintenance to the shop during slow periods
- Provides manual labour assistance on various tasks and assignments.
- Good working knowledge and experience of warehouse equipment.
- Ability to measure in imperial and metric would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Excellent communication skills towards external and internal customer, vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Certified Forklift operator would be considered an asset
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.