Human Resources Manager
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM INC
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUMIN INC. (bmg.) founded in 2000, is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs.
Big Glass Openings
Big Glass Openings Inc. (BGO) founded in 2015, is a precision manufacturer and design service provider of architectural “big glass”, aluminum window and door products. We are continuing to experience fast growth and as such we are looking for another remarkable individual to join our team.
We currently have an opening for a Human Resources Manager at our Barrie office where the HR Manager guides, manages and administers the provision of all HR services, policies, programs and is central to our Corporate cultural initiatives.
This vacancy is a full time position and will interest a motivated, professional self-starter who meets our qualifications and is immediately available to join our team!
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in all areas as a generalist, including Health & Safety
- CHRL designation and be a university or community college graduate
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with an ability to form strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail in all transactions and be able to streamline processes, leverage best practices, and generate new ideas to improve the HR function
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to recognize potential risk exposure for the company and develop appropriate mitigation actions
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills to work effectively with Management, fellow employees and members of the public in a professional capacity
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract to conduct site visits
- A positive outlook and attitude are required for this role!
Reporting directly to the President, the successful applicant will assume the following responsibilities and perform them as an Individual Contributor to:
- Lead all activities regarding Human Resources in planning, organization design and development, recruitment and selection, staff relations, training and development, health and safety, compensation, payroll and benefits administration
- Create, administer and interpret all HR policies, practices and procedures to Management and staff as the critical framework to support bmg/BGO’s business operation, ensuring that they are compliant with all Federal, Provincial and local laws and statutes
- Ensure the HR function, its policies, programs and practices are focused to optimize employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Develop and drive all in-house recruiting strategies, initiatives, and activities such as full cycle recruitment to ensure staffing needs are met
- Maintain accurate, current job descriptions and organization charts
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll and the integrity, security and retention of all related company records and employee files
- Assist management and employees to interpret and administer policies to resolve work-related issues and maintain effective work schedules including assignments, job rotations, training, vacations and time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism and overtime scheduling
- Provide advice to and assist managers on matters involving HR issues such as administration of the Code of Conduct, performance, discrimination, harassment, discipline and termination and perform related effective employee services including coaching, counseling and if necessary, meting out disciplinary action up to and including termination
- Create website pages, and update and post jobs on the company website using WordPress
- Sponsor and coordinate company benefits as the liaison between external plan providers and company staff members
- Manage the IT system through an external provider and is accountable for security and access control passwords and door systems
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the HR department, including purchase orders
- Develop and facilitate employee training and development programs and plans including orientation and on-boarding for employees and Management
- Develop, implement and administer the performance review program, conduct performance management initiatives as required and ensure effective succession planning systems and procedures
- Act as Health & Safety Coordinator and member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, lead JHSC meetings, delegate H&S responsibilities to active members and champion Initiatives to and drive company H&S goals
- Perform the role of subject matter expert with knowledge of and expertise in working with the specific regulatory requirements of Commercial and Industrial Health and Safety in the Construction sector
- Administer all WSIB, return to work and workplace accommodation duties with accuracy and timeliness, including appeals as required
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the organization’s values and emphasizes teamwork that allows for constructive disagreement over ideas, expeditious conflict resolution, the appreciation of diversity in a culture that is cohesive, supportive and enables each employee to succeed in making their best contribution for the company and its reputation
- Maintain, foster and model an employee relations atmosphere that ensures each employee feels confident to meet with Human Resources and other employees to discuss issues, solutions or make recommendations without fear of reprisal
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on HR matters such as organizational changes, employment policy developments, benefits and compensation updates, etc.
- Plan company Events and organize charitable giving
- Provide advice, guidance and support in all other HR related issues as required.
We offer a competitive wage, and attractive benefit plan including health, dental, insurance coverage, and an RRSP contribution match program. We value each employee’s unique skills and qualities and recognize how important they are to the overall success of our company. We are looking for someone with a proactive approach, who can adapt quickly, and participate in a positive team-centered environment. If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your background matches the experience required, please submit your resume and cover letter. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
bmg. GLASS + ALMUMINUM INC. is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment by providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate any disabilities, if requested.
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.