Accounts Receivable Clerk
bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM INC.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be a hands-on detail-oriented individual with primary responsibilities for accounts receivable functions: cash flow reporting, Collections, reconciliations, AR management and control. The incumbent will be highly organized and will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. She/He must pay meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
Reports to Financial Controller
- Manage credit application process for new clients
- Receive and record all bank deposited transactions.
- Inputs all invoices into QuickBooks in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with bmg/BGO policies and procedures.
- Reconcile transactions such as accounts receivable, cheques & invoices, into QuickBooks.
- Post all cash receipts to customer AR accounts and follow up and resolve any payment discrepancies or short payments on a timely basis.
- Maintain AR subledger by customer with comments on payment and collection activities.
- Ensure that AR measurable are maintained within targets. Maintain capital expenditure log and binder.
- Process and administers weekly collections report from QuickBooks to determine overdue accounts that qualify for 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Provides weekly updates to the Financial Controller on accounts receivable status.
- Ensure compliance with bmg/BGO and affiliated companies Credit and Collection policy.
- Bank deposits inhouse and at branch.
- Prepare various financial reports as requested by the Financial Controller.
- Provides back up to the Accounting Staff and general accounting duties as required.
- Performs other duties and/or projects assigned by Financial Controller.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent
- Various college-level courses in bookkeeping and accounting
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience working in accounting required.
- A professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) or working towards would be an asset.
- Must have QuickBooks experience at an intermediate level.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge and skills of MS Office software
- Experience with fully integrated computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting standards, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify root causes and resolution of issues.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of the company.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
To apply to this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.